Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 AM
andrewpreece

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:25:26 GMT, "peterlsutton"
wrote:

Looking out onto the garden I see that the Lesser Celandine is off and
running again. I keep trying to get rid of it, but it is an impossible
task.

Does it occur everywhere in the country, or is it trying to tell me
something about my garden conditions? Does it actually do any harm, will

it
smother other plants? or could I just ignore it?

You could eat it into oblivion! Ray Mears, the Survival chappie, dug some
up on TV the
other day and baked and ate the fleshy roots - said they tasted like potato.
A word of
warning, they're poisonous if eaten raw. I'm not hungry enough just

Andy.