Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 AM
Lady Blacksword

Ignore these trolls, Starlord. I'd never heard of the dead guy they're
talking about, but then, I happen to avoid reading Doonesbury, and
depressing books. E-mail me if you want to talk about Anne McCaffery,
gardening, and the stars. And let these hate-mongers go on their way.

Side note: Ever notice how few really good Sci-fi and Fantasy authors off
themselves, conpared to political hack writers? Wonder why that
is...........

Murri

"Starlord" wrote in message
1st of all, I've seen enough of the "Real World", I've been to 49 or the
50
states in the USA, I've seen parts of europe, I've seen Vietnam even.

I've worked for a living, even worked when I was only about 10 years old.

I don't need to be told what the world is like, I've "been there ... done
that" more than I ever care to remember.

The only drug I take is asprin to deaden the pains in my knees, I watched
idots in vietnam get high and then get themselves blown to bits.

The Mojave news is the only paper I pick up and it has no comics in it.

Live in the clouds? Na, I'd rather live far above them, in the endless
reachs of Interstellar Space. And those books just sounded so depressing,
besides, I've seen H.A.'s when I road with my dad in his 18 wheeler, no
big
deal, they don't bother me and I don't bother them.

This is my last post on him, I've never read his stuff and most likly
never
will, but in the mean time, not only do I have a box full of Sci-Fi books
awaiting me, I'm also a follower of one John Dobson and he's far from
being
depressing and he's up in his 80's now and still pushing glass. Go look up
John Dobson.

The Lone Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond.

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
. com...
Face the facts, babe.

You're really not living in the real world at all if you haven't a clue
what's been going on in the real world all along.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. You wouldn't last five minutes

where
the buffallo roam.

If ever read the newspapers and saw Doonesbury in the funny pages, you

would
have seen Hunter S. Thompson portrayed as the character "Duke".

With your attitude you would never win Ben Stein's money!!!!

Maybe you are a different story once the drugs finally kick in?!!!!!

"escape" wrote in message
Oh, I prefer conventional reality to lead me to ultimate reality, so

while
have not read one Hunter Thompson book, my husband has every one and

read
some
of them more than once.

The point here is, how does one live in the real world and not know who
this
person is. I can see by your answer that you live in the clouds, which

is
okay
too, but to call something "muck" based on the title is a bit ignorant.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:54:56 -0800, "Starlord"
opined:

with book titles like that, it's no wonder I've not heard of him, they

all
sound very depressing and I'd rather sail amoung the Stars and Planets
than
be depressed. Would rather read sci-fi about the Dragon Riders of Pern
than
wading through some muck.

Thanks, but No Thanks.

"escape" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:52:21 -0800, "Starlord" This does not include
the
countless articles, essays and other sundries he's
responsible for. If you haven't heard of these books, you indeed may

be
bit
too sheltered in life. In the words of the late great Moe Howard,
"spread
out."

A list of Hunter Thompson Best Selling works:

# "Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga" (1966)

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?