Old 10-03-2005, 05:47 AM
HC

G'day

Been following this thread with interest mainly because I just LOVE
rhubarb.....but I seem to remember my grandfather telling me when I was
a kid that there are different varieties. Just a snippet in the
archives of my mind!!

Can I join with David in asking for a rhizome of the Red variety? I'm
prepared to pay for it, plus postage, of course!

Bronwyn ;-)

wrote:

There are definately different typs of rhubarb, a whole series of green and red
varieties. I bought a "red" variety but its gone green all the time. It is
quite warm here (Sydney). Anyone willing to part with a rhizome (sp?) from a
Red in Sydney that I can plant for next year?

David
len gardener wrote:

g'day loki,

dunno mate, mines in full on sun all day and it's never gotten as red
as some i've seen same colour all year here bottom 1/2 light to mid
red top 1/2 green.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you
send.