Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Des Higgins

"peterlsutton" wrote in message
Looking out onto the garden I see that the Lesser Celandine is off and
running again. I keep trying to get rid of it, but it is an impossible
task.

Does it occur everywhere in the country, or is it trying to tell me

All over, in wood margins, and shady hedgerows.
It is a nice harbinger of spring but can be slow to get rid of.
I have just left it alone in the wilder bits of the garden but kept it
completely out of good borders but just pulling it out as I see it. It
eventually thins out and goes.

something about my garden conditions? Does it actually do any harm, will
it
smother other plants? or could I just ignore it?

Peter