Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Frank Logullo

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:21:48 -0500, Gary & Karen

wrote:
Can any one recommend a ph meter that they are happy with

Cheaper solution than a good pH meter, and in my experience more than

accurate
enough for gardening, is good pH paper, like pHydrion. The 1-13 range is
fine for most purposes, runs about $6-8 for a roll that will last most

folks
5 years.

Kay

There are also multi-range pH papers that can measure down to 0.1 unit.
I inherited a couple of sets of these from when I worked in the lab. pH
meters were finicky then and expensive and I cannot imagine your average
gardener needing one.
Frank