Old 10-03-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Phal. spike

I have a phal. (one of my Wal Mart rescues) that's very happy. It
had one wrinkly leaf and they said they we're screaming at everybody
there to quit watering it. (haha) So anyway now it's trying to send up
spikes. One spike was doing fine until it hit the side of the pot. Now
it's branching out like a tree - shooting out all these new appendages -
probably what it should of done had it gotten longer. Then I noticed a
second spike under one of it's leaves in the back (hopefully not
destined to crash into the side of the pot as did the other one). Now
the third one is a probably a root, Happy plant - very happy plant. I
save my tags but these four I got at WM of course didn't have any so
don't know what their name's are let alone their color. I got them for
$5 a piece. Now if anybody would like to hear about my Lowe's plant
story I could tell you that one too.......Burr