Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM
keith ;-\)

Why don't you place the plants further in to the room away from the hot sun
on a tray with pebbles.They should O.K.They like bright indirect light,so
this should provide this.
P.S the other orchid sounds like oncidium?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Maggie's Mom" wrote in message
Hi all. I've been a lurker for quite some time, but since I did not have
anything to contribute, or to ask about, I just read your posts.

Now I do have a question: can orchids live and bloom in artificial light?

If
yes, what would be the best source?

We are about to move, and the future house does not have a window with a
morning to noon sun. Right now I have two orchid plants, one rescue and

the
other one a gift. The rescue is white phal, and the gift - I really have

no
idea what it is, except that it has flattened bulbs from which it sprouts
narrowish leaves. This did not bloom yet, so I cannot describe the color

of
the flower. I heard it was supposed to be yellow, possibly with orange/red
spots.

Anyway, the two orchids are in the window where they get morning to noon
sun, and they are very happy. After we move, I will have to place them by

window, but - alas! - no window receives morning sun, and afternoon sun is
much too hot.

Greenhouse is out of a question (moneywise).

I am open to any ideas and suggestions...