Old 11-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Warren

Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:
6) is plastic container OK?

Plastic is just fine. I use plastic buckets, and drill
10-15 drainage holes in the bottom. Good drainage is
very important - tomatoes want frequent watering, but
they do *not* like to actually stand in water.

I never had much success with tomatoes in plastic pots. I don't know if
it was the way the soil dried-out faster than with terra cotta, or if it
had something to do with the way terra cotta hold it's temperature more
evenly than the plastic.

I'm just glad to have moved out of apartments, and bought a house so I
can put my tomatoes in the ground!

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Clean-up your yard this spring with Black and Decker tools:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html