Old 11-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Larry

Thanks Bob. I remember hearing that story in a previous post.

But my plant is doing very well. It still has 2 long spikes with 10-18
blooms/buds. I was wondering what to do with the spike that broke off and
whether I can get the buds on it to bloom...

Larry

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Larry wrote:
I just bought a gorgeous plant from the AOS - a huge, Dendrobium

Salaya
Fancy with 3 separate spikes each with 10-15 buds or blooms. But, one

of the
spikes broke off as I was taking it out of the car and into the

house. :-(

I cut the bottom of the broken spike and placed it in water, hoping

that the
remaining flowers open (3 open, ~8 to go).
Anything else I can do (besides crying, which will/did not help)?

Larry

HI Larry;

When you think the plant is dead it has a way of rejuvinating. Two yrs.
ago my son in New Jersey was ready to throw out a Phalaenopsis that he
felt was dead. We drove it back home to Florida. 2 yrs. later it has 7
blooms, 7 flower spikes and 2 kikies. So DO NOT GIVE UP.( caps
intended) Duisting with some rooting (growth) hormone may help.( can't
hurt)
Bob