Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Maggie's Mom

"J Fortuna" wrote
could try an AgroSun
Dayspot 150 Watt incendescent light

So it is OK to use artificial light. Wonderful. I think I will do some
research on the fluorescents that are just a tad bigger than a regular light
bulb. I know that they come in different wattage, and different brightness -
do you think that one that gives off same brightness as incandescent 150
watts will be OK? It takes only 33 watts, and it is plenty bright.

On the other hand, I have already assembled enough material to build a
lighted shelf, in fact it will be a 3-shelf module with 4 foot fluorescents
mounted over every shelf. I just wasn't sure that orchids would tolerate
artificial lighting. I know African violets thrive in artificial light, all
they need is proper brightness.

Thank you all for your advice!