Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Darren Garrison

Default Are the Wal-Mart roses in yet?

I know many frown on buying roses from stores like Wal-Mart, but last year I bought 7 roses from
Wal-Mart, and all 7 are still alive. I bought around a dozen from a supposedly reliable mail-order
rose nursery, though, and all except one of them died-- they shipped them late (after roses already
in the ground had already started blooming, and then only after I e-mailed complaining) and then the
roses spent TWO WEEKS in transit. So this year, all of my plants will come from Wal-Mart. I'm just
wondering if they have started getting their supplies in yet.