Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
pk

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:32:48 +0000, Paul wrote:

CK wrote:

Hi.

I am considering to persuade my husband that we should have raised
beds (about 10 different sizes) in our veggie garden. I had heard
that railway sleepers without being treated by chemical can be a
good option.

Do such things exist and are they genuine railways sleepers?

Uk sleepers agr generally treated softwood. some sleepers imported fro the
ffar east are untreated hardwood and avoid ALL the problems of tar/chemical
leaching. Plus, cross cut into slices they make a great paving feature.

plus you can gte new green oak untreated sleepers @ around £15 for
2500*230*150mm

pk