Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
June Hughes

In message ,
writes
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:25:48 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:32:48 +0000, Paul wrote:

CK wrote:

Hi.

I am considering to persuade my husband that we should have raised beds
(about 10 different sizes) in our veggie garden. I had heard that railway
sleepers without being treated by chemical can be a good option.

Do such things exist and are they genuine railways sleepers?

Yes. If you do a search on the internet for railway sleepers, you will
find them. Alternatively, there may be a supplier in your area. I have
pressure treated sleepers, creosote is dangerous.

I think real creosote has been banned for some time.

I think you are correct. Do you remember the lovely smell?
--
June Hughes