Old 11-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Its is a real shame that some delusional narcissistic trolls like "Lady
Blacksword" and "Starlord" cannot appreciate the life contributions of truly
original creative people and mourn their loss with the rest of the world.
Instead would rather show their true insignificance by expounding their
petty hatred toward their superiors even in death. Despite their claims,
they know full well who Hunter S. Thompson was otherwise they wouldn't have
said a word. It only goes to show how truly insignificant those two fools
are. Hacks like them should just keep quiet instead of showing the whole
world the full extent of their shortcomings. If they had a fraction of the
talent sober that the man had when he was stoned, they still wouldn't be
worthy enough to kiss his ass. All they have is their own fear and loathing.

**********************

Unfortunately, I missed that episode of Conan. I hope they repeat it some
time soon. I had seen on E! that Johnny Depp had a similar experience when
he met him in preparation for "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". Did you see
the movie? Truly bizarre and not at all mainstream Hollywood. Depp actually
shaved his head so he would look just like the Duke!!!

"escape" wrote in message
All the light kidding aside (!) I only found out about Hunter's physical
problem
with his hip till after he was dead. The last time I saw him was on Conan
and
that was possibly one of the most hysterical off site's Conan ever did.
Did you
see it? They were shooting guns. Then, another appearance, Thompson was so
drunk
he couldn't talk. I really felt for him. We lost a brilliant person.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:22:26 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."
opined:

Storelard apparently thinks his killing babies in Viet Nam was far more
heroic than suicide. Consider the source, he is a delusional hypocrite
coward.

Like his idol Ernest Hemingway, Thompson eventually killed himself because
he could no longer stand the intense physical pain he was suffering.

The difference with Storelard is that he himself is the pain.

"escape" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:15:55 -0800, "Starlord"
opined:

Hi, just add him to your killfile, that way you'll not see his posts
unless
someone quotes them in a reply.

I put him there and it's nice not having to read his garbage anymore. As
it
is, I figured that if he's old enough to know what a hippie was, then
most
likly he was of the kind that I saw at the airport when I came home from
Vietnam and getting out of the Army. Those I can live without.

Plus, if that guy was so great, then why did he take the cowards way out
and
kill himself?

Thankfully I'll not see his answer, it'll just fall into the awesome
cyber
Black Hole to never be seen again.

You think it's cowardly to shoot your brains out? I think it's pretty
clear that
anyone who does that is in dire trouble emotionally. I think anyone who
does
that sort of thing is a person who needs your compassion, not your
superior
judgment. I hope none of your family members off themselves. If they
do,
will
they be cowardly too? People who think like you are why people hate
Americans.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a
friend?