Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
::

Not a fan of roses then? :-p
Me neither...I can't understand why people bother with them - they are
nothing but brambles for 360 days per year, for five days they have a flower
and then back to brambles again!!

I have two sorry looking specemins in tubs but I'm thinking of slinging
'em...they are just long strands coming off a thick woody stub, hardly any
leaves and I don't think they've produced more than two blooms each in five
years..maybe I should attack 'em with the shears?

Sling 'em. That's not at all what they're meant to be like ;-)

I'm not a fan of HTs and floribundas and similar artificial looking
things. But I have several ramblers in amongst other things. Most of the
year they are inconspicuous, then in the autumn they pay their way by
being covered in hips. And they make the boundary more hostile to would-
be intruders. Summer flowers are a bonus.

--
Kay