Old 11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Gail Futoran

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
I know many frown on buying roses from stores like Wal-Mart, but last year
I bought 7 roses from
Wal-Mart, and all 7 are still alive. I bought around a dozen from a
supposedly reliable mail-order
rose nursery, though, and all except one of them died-- they shipped them
late (after roses already
in the ground had already started blooming, and then only after I e-mailed
complaining) and then the
roses spent TWO WEEKS in transit. So this year, all of my plants will
come from Wal-Mart. I'm just
wondering if they have started getting their supplies in yet.

They're definitely in stores in San Antonio TX Zone 8.
Places like Home Depot and Lowes also get some of
the cheaper roses.

Gail