Old 11-03-2005, 11:29 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:16:56 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:

Ok thanks, I guess I could have done like you and spelled it out
READ ing or RED ing....shows you what old age does to ya!
Regards

Roy, you weren't that messed up. In primary education we tell the kids:
When 2 vowels go walking the first one does the talking.
IMNSHO, if they want it pronounced Reding, then spell it that way....., but
I'd only say that to some town in the US, not in the UK where our language
came from and we Yanks joyously slaughter it daily. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~