Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Cereus-validus.....

What in the freak are "specemins"?

Some kind of powerful sedatives for rose fanatics?

"Phil L" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:
:: "Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote in
:: message
:: ...
::: I'm not really used to my driveway yet. I snapped off two of the
::: three strong stems at ground level.
:::
::: Is there any hope?
:::
::
:: Yes, do it again and if you get rid of the third one you wont have
:: to put up with mildew, rust, fungus, bug, and generally
:: disease-prone plants that have the ingratitude to scratch you when
:: you try and care for them.
::

Not a fan of roses then? :-p
Me neither...I can't understand why people bother with them - they are
nothing but brambles for 360 days per year, for five days they have a
flower
and then back to brambles again!!

I have two sorry looking specemins in tubs but I'm thinking of slinging
'em...they are just long strands coming off a thick woody stub, hardly any
leaves and I don't think they've produced more than two blooms each in
five
years..maybe I should attack 'em with the shears?

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/