Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Magwitch

Kay muttered:

In article ,
Rhiannon Macfie Miller writes
I'm not really used to my driveway yet. I snapped off two
of the three strong stems at ground level.

Is there any hope?

The remaining stem will be OK, and the other two may throw up new
shoots. If you can get at it, prune the break smooth, to stop disease.
Don't know if it helps, but it's what I would do.

And cut the broken stems into 6 inch pieces, making each bottom cut just
below a bud, and tick them all into a pot of soil. There is a remote
chance that one of them may root. It's a very remote chance, but you
never know.

I broke off a shoot of Glenfiddich last year and did the above and I've now
got a new rose... do I get a prize?