Old 12-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Sterling

you have my curiosity up - why are the kids breaking the hedges? what
age are these kids? do you know the parents? were they cutting through
your yard and the hedges were planted to deter them?

Phisherman wrote:
Spray them with fish emulsion, although after application you will
need a bath.

On 12 Mar 2005 01:25:47 -0800, "Simon" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice- I'm trying to grow a privet hedge in my
front garden and recently planted 12 part grown shrubs - the only thing
is, the kids seem to want to pull at these hedges and snap the tops
off.

I know in time it will grow eventually - but is there some oily thing I
can safely coat the stem and leaves that will make the kids think twice
next time they try?

Thanks!