Old 12-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Cereus-validus.....

You're an 18 year old with bad knees? What is your problem? Lewisnky's
syndrome? No doubt some bubble headed bungee jumper is just what you
(k)need!!!

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
news:1110644511.5c68a9b6823171fbf02aa5e11fae7890@t eranews...
As a note: I'm unfortunately an only child, and female, and the end of my
line, so I'd never see combat anyway. And I wouldn't really be that much
use flying a desk in the Marines with my latent talents (and the latent
list of things I naturally flop at.) So, put that with knees that refuse
to work properly under stress and cold weather.....I've chosen to do what
I'm good at instead. ( Jewelry design and several other artforms.) At
least I'm keeping the economy going. :-)
My fiancé, however, served as an Army Paratrooper before we met, with
several jumps into combat areas. His Father was a Air Force officer, and
mine was a Sgt. in the Marines, motor transport div. Both of my
grandfathers saw service in Japan and the South Pacific, one with the
Marines, one Air Force. One of my uncles, now deceased, was in the Navy
during Nam, doing radio related reconnaissance, another was in the Army at
the same time, and still has vivid flashbacks due to the things he saw
there.

Not like my family hasn't contributed.
And I've certainly no intention of discouraging my children from
enlisting, when I have kids and they are old enough.
Murri

"Ann" wrote in message
escape expounded:

Are your kids signed up yet?

Funny you should ask. The younger tried, but believe it or not, his
feet are too big (at size 16). The older one is covered in tattooes,
so they won't take him, either. That somehow negates my ability to
think for myself and disagree with you, I guess. Tough.

Everyone isn't poor, depressed, living in economic hardship, Victoria.
You aren't, are you? I'm certainly not. I live in a fairly affluent
area, and there are plenty of people with kids enlisted around me.
And that in the bluest of the blue states......
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts