Old 12-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Norma Briggs

You are going need some huge containers. From my experience, the root system
from one tomato plant alone takes up almost the whole container.

Tomato plants can and do grow at times to the excess of 6 feet tall

Read up on companion planting. I have read that basil and tomatoes work well
together but that you should not plant chives with tomatoes.

"tomato lover" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am in Northern California and the weather is so beautiful so I
thought of growing some tmatoe and herbs in containers as I live in an
apartment. Pity not to have a house with a big yard here! anyway,

I want plant some herbs in the same container as the tomatoes. I don't
know what would be a good match to grow in the same part. I guess Basil
and chives are good choices, But

I need lots of Mint and Basil and French Tarragon, I love them so much
, just eat them raw with my food!

So, I thought grow Mint in one container. French Tarragon in one.

I don't need that much Oregano, Thyme and chive. So can I grow these
three in the same container where I grow my tomatoes.

I went to nursery yesterday and there is so many different thymes?
which one should I get? I am concerned about the falvor.

How about Bell peppers, Can I grow them in the same container with
herbs or tomatoes? How big they get, How big a container Ineed to grow
peppers?

And finally last question! I have got "Sweet 100" and "Early girl"
tomatoes so far. I want to get 2-3 more. What do you recommend? I am
looking for high yeild and long season bearing.

Hope to get answers soon, Many thanks in advance.

Gardner Newbie.