Old 12-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:34:43 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
wrote:

Thought we had two Victoria's - turns out one is a Marjorie's
Seedling - both are very prolific croppers (and we get to eat what
the wasps leave us!)

Hi,

Since you grow both side by side, what do you consider the advantages
and disadvantages of each? Since you thought they were the same, I am
guessing there is not much difference?

I always thought the Victoria was red and Marjorie's was purple, but
that's just based on the pictures on the labels at the garden centre!

Thanks.

I will have to make a confession here - I know next to nothing about
anything horticultural, that's my father's department. I just came here
looking for a plant ID and liked the company so much I stayed. But, now I
come to think if it, one does have slightly reddish fruits. They're both
heavy croppers (if you can figure out how to keep the wasps away!) and make
fantastic pies, crumbles, jams, etc.

I will also add that I'm not sure my father planted them, I think they were
here when they moved in.

Please don't think I'm a gardener - I'm not.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:
http://www.dts-l.org/