Old 13-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Pen

In addition to painting, you can also try parging:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/leonard57.html

Or ask your hardware store and see what they have for exteriour stucco
and tiles. Home Depot had a faux brick stencil for concrete walls a
few years ago. There was a pattern for stone as well. The cheapest
planter is just a raised bed.

Ornata wrote in message ...
Popcorn Lover Wrote:
I'm interested in building some inexpensive planters for our driveway.
I want them to be about 12' long, 2' wide and 2' tall, with open
bottoms for drainage.

I thought of making them with 8x8x16 concrete blocks which are a whole
lot less expensive but they'd be pretty ugly that way, wouldn't they?

--
- Popcorn Lover
QUOTE]