Old 12-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , VivienB
writes

What a picky lot you are! I am listening to *what* they are telling
me, so I can try to judge whether it is likely to be useful. So

long
as they speak clearly, what does the timbre (or whatever it is you
object to) matter? I would much prefer either of these women

telling
me something that I can use, to the decorative and pretty-voiced

ones
going on about something valueless.

Regards, VivienB

But isn't that the essence of a good communicator? I bet there's

loads
of really great gardeners out there but if they deliver the

information
n a voice that has about as much enthusiasm and emotion as if they

were
reading the telephone directory then the joy of their subject won't

be
imparted.

You seem to have forgotten Fred Loads.

[snip]