Old 12-03-2005, 11:46 PM
CK

Hi,

I had just read a discussion about leylandii in neighbour's garden. Those
leylandii and holly were planted by the previous owner. My husband was not
a gardener so he just let them grew, besides we got tiles blown down from
the rooftop nearly every year, that was the reason the plants are let to
grow so tall. We got three 5-storey tall leylandii which are in the bottom
of the spilt garden, they only cast shadow in our own garden. They give
some kind of protection from the wind and provide a heaven for birds. Would
it be possible to prune the top to stop them from growing any taller and
also a bit less dense so get a bit of more sunshine in the garden?

Any suggestion would be welcomed!

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth, Wales