Old 13-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Suzanne D.

wrote in message
oups.com...
How often do you see turgrass on a forest floor?
You are asking for very un-natural conditions.
You either need groundcovers or a mulch, or to remove the trees.

Actually, if you had read carefully, my problem is not how to grow grass
under trees; it is what to do about the exposed roots. The grass is growing
wonderfully, even up between the roots, as I clearly said in my post. The
roots make it hard to mow, so the grass looks scraggly there. Plus, the
kids sometimes trip over the roots while running. I was asking if I could
remove the roots to allow my lawn to be mowed, or if it might be better to
plant something else there.
--S.