Old 13-03-2005, 05:32 PM
kathy

Default starting spring work

First thing, drag the pirate flag out of the
pond. No, the fish haven't mutinied. The kids
hung a pirate flag on their fort in one of the
cherry trees (a looong time ago) and this winter
a windstorm finally dislodged it, and of course,
it went straight into the pond. Arrrrr!

Brought home a bunch of watercress from the store
and placed it in the water fall. Last years, dead
stems are sending out shoots and the stuff that wintered
over at the surface is going great.

Found that I have enough plant baskets in the shed
to repot jan's lilies.

Informed DH that I want to build a second island
this year in the pond :-))))

DH turned on the sprinklers, very early for us but
we haven't gotten rain in so long. There is always a
little rain cloud at the end of AOL's weather forcast
but it is always revised by the time that day rolls
around.

AND my lotus from jan is GROWING and is still alive.
Our night time temps are going back down into the
20s for a while... I may cover it up at night.
It is in a deck pond.

kathy - still here