Old 13-03-2005, 06:08 PM
JennyC

"David" wrote in message
Hi,
Apologies in advance for what will be a very basic question for most!!
Several months back I planted several shrubs including Mahonia media charity
after receiving advice from this newsgroup. All are doing reasonably well.
From the advice label I am aware that after flowering that I am meant to
remove "3-4 inches of each leaf rosette". Does this mean that I cut each
flower spike which would probably mean cutting back so that only 1 or 2
inches are left! Also I note that a few of the leaves have some "rust" on
them. I can't see any obvious nasties. How do I treat this? I have included
a link to a few photos,

regards,
David

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dan...=ph&store=&pro
did=&.done=http%3a//uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I'd not prune them at all !
Though I suppose it might make it bush out. They don't grow very quickly though,
so I'd wait a year or two.
Sorry - no idea about the rust.
Jenny