Old 14-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Eyebright Eyebright is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Hi,

From the advice label I am aware that after flowering that I am meant to
remove "3-4 inches of each leaf rosette". note that a few of the leaves have some "rust"
in my opinion........i'd throw the advice lable away and go with your own instincts or the opinions of a reputable garden writer.

the " rust " is more likely to be merely old leaves showing their age...gather them from the soil surface once they fall if you feel like.

with very young shrubs it can be worth preserving energy by not allowing fruits to mature so you could remove those if you want.