Old 13-03-2005, 10:29 PM
CK

Hi Janet,

Firstly, thank you for your advice.

Although there is no pavement outside, my husband had turned the outside
boundary in a wide V-shaped place so we can get a better view when driving
in & out. The area where we consider planting the hedge would have at least
a width of 4 to 7 feet away from the main road.

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth, Wales

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Before planting a tall boundary hedge beside a busy road, consider
where/how you're going to have acces to prune the outer side of the
mature hedge when it thickens up. Standing on steps on a busy road,
concentrating on a noisy hedge-cutter so you can barely hear approaching
traffic, is not a good idea.

Janet