Old 14-03-2005, 05:57 AM
Reel McKoi

wrote in message
Second time now , i give up! Are you allowed to shoot cranes in NJ ?

$ No! They're protected by law. You cannot kill them. You can net your
ponds as we did - or someone else here will tell you what worked for them.
Cranes weren't our problem, the herons, king fishers, bullfrogs, mud turtles
and large water snakes were. We lost hundreds of dollars worth of fish
before resorting to those fine black bird nets.

After first time i put a 3ft. section of 4in pvc pipe in pond , some
one told me that will let fish escape killer crane!

$ That's an old wives tale. I also had places for them to hide. The bird
will wait patiently for them to leave their hideout, then just swoop them
up! Birds are a lot smarter than fish.

It don't work! I saw
that giant bird eating my fish , but it was too late to save Huhey ,
Dewy , louy , & spot! R.I.P. !
BILL

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...