Old 14-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"nambucca" writes:

| Otherwise, get a rat man in to
| poison them (our WONDERFUL government will no longer allow effective
| rat poisons to be sold to the peasantry).
|
| What makes you say that? I get a very efficient poison from my local ag'
| merchant or feed store to put into my bait boxes.
|
| Actually with one exception the same bait is available to amateurs as the
| council .........its the form of bait you use and the way you use it thats
| crucial

Well, it wasn't so the last time I checked - and I did so in three
ways, including asking the rat man where I could buy bait from.

It is often possible to buy things from agricultural merchants that
they are not strictly allowed to sell to amateurs. For utterly
insane reasons, this includes Savona (liquid horticultural soap);
luckily, it is not an offence to say that you are a professional.

| its vital to site all compost bins on solid concrete bases not straight onto
| soil

No, it isn't. It doesn't even help significantly, unless you are
going to completely enclose them in ratproof metal mesh.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.