Old 14-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Des Higgins

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Des Higgins
wrote:

Who do you hate the most?

'Little Britain' -- the most puerile, unfunny 'comedy' show ever made.

Ho ho. It is over exposed these days. Peculiar looking pair of blokes it
has to be said.

....Oh, you mean TV gardeners? There is none worth hating but I get
annoyed by Monty Don (superiority complex, prone to errors, organic

I got to like him from his column in the Observer (I have no idea if it is
still running). I also read a beginners book by him when I was starting out
(1995) called the Weekend Gardener which was extremely well written and had
plenty of genuinely useful advice. I learned how to make a compost heap
that really made compost and how to dig and how to make a hedge and all
manner of bits and pieces. After that I can forgive him the superiority
complex. I know what you mean though.

evangelist), Chris Beardshaw (bland, boring) and Matt James (smug,
over-stylised).