Old 14-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Kay

In article , Jim Lesurf jcgl@st-
and.demon.co.uk writes
The instructions on the packs all tend to say germination times up to some
months. Is it correct that it should be OK to keep the seeds in their
pots/trays in a 'sealed' plastic bag for that long?

Yes

I have some "Arthur Bower's Peat Pots" that I plan to use. The ones in
front of me as I write this (still in their plastic wrap) are linked sets
of 12 square 4cm pots in linked arrays of 12. I plan to use these, and put
each set of 12 into a plastic bag and put them on a windowsill. Leave until
germination and the plants seem OK. Just put one or two seed in each small
pot. Then cut up into individual pots and plant out in the post once the
seedlings look 'ready'.

If you ever buy any bedding plants in those little flimsy plastic trays,
it's worth saving them for seeds - you can plant a few seeds in each
compartment then push them out in a plug when you want to plant out, You
can get a few years use out of them before they split beyond all
usefulness.

Egg boxes are another possibility
--
Kay