Old 14-03-2005, 06:09 PM
dalecochoy

Subject: [IBC] For Sale?

The only
solution is to put up a sign Not for Sale, or tell people, No, this is
part of
my personal collection.

I didn't want to detract from the display with a sign that said "Not
for sale" although that certainly could be a solution.

Craig, a bit off topic but this caused me to chuckle a bit about my
experience with signs. My business partner was ALWAYS amazed that when we
had something new at a bonsai convention that wouldn't sell, if I put a sign
on it telling what it was they would immediately start to sell. Funny, but
people are often afraid to simply ask what some tool or impliment is for if
they don't know.
Another thing I had to do when I USED TO DO home & garden shows
locally and sell bonsai. I usually had one very nice treefor sale ( which
never sold) amongst the $15-30 retail stuff ( glad I stopped that). Anyway,
after about the 300th person asked "How old is that tree" I decided to put a
sign on it..."This tree is approximately 50 years old"...
I thought this would solve some of my continually answering the same
questions problem.
Well....I soon discovered I needed a sign just below the first one that said
"YES, This tree is REALLY 50 years old!"
:)
Dale

P.S. Later I'll tell the stories about people picking up trees and turning
them upside down to look at the bottoms ....

no more H&G shows.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++