Old 14-03-2005, 05:03 PM
paghat

In article , SKYlark
wrote:

in one word: SPEARMINT!! smells great, nice low growing, spreads like
crazy...and just think: on the 1st saturday in may, yule be able to make
mint juleps for the whole neighbourhood!!!!

Apart from the possibility of becoming invasive & the impossibility of
getting it to stay just where it was planted, it dies back in autumn &
looks like hell so makes for a poor choice of dominant groundcover. I did
see a garden in which mints & golden creeping jenny were used to good
effect as the dominant groundcovers; when they were in full
take-over-the-world mode they looked spiffy, but come winter the whole
area blackened then looked empty.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he