Old 14-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Hal

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:12:12 +0200, "Lemmy David"
wrote:

I need to make a "waterfall" or "roman" spout for a formal pond.
Height of waterfall: about 1.5m.

I'd like a smooth stream about 20cm wide, with very little splashing.

Any ideas how to construct this? Pump size, pipe size, shape of spout etc?

I've never seen a waterfall like you describe and I think your 20cm
wide stream is a bit ambitious if you want to drop it 1.5 meters
without it breaking apart. A round shape for the spout might get
you close, but any radius on the inside of the lip will cause spray.
(Cut a clean edge for best results.) The water will tend to follow a
radius instead of shooting off a clean edge.

I wish you well with your project and hope you get it right the first
time. I built my falls 4 times before accepting it as done.

Regards,

Hal