Old 14-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Mike

I hope he's not reading this.

You never know who is reading a newsgroup. I have been quite amazed at the
to go into is uk.local.* and pass comment on a local topic. Ask a question
of the Police, Council or the like and I find things get done. Classic case
a few years back where the Police had FIVE on duty watching and stopping
cars who had been onto, and stopped, on the yellow boxes at a big
complicated roundabout. I asked on the newsgroup how they could justify
this, when only a short while earlier, they 'didn't have enough staff to
investigate a break in at my daughter's house until tomorrow, please leave
everything where it is'.

Never saw such an overload of Police doing that exercise again :-))
A part of the main road was very badly pot marked and I explained on the
newsgroup where it was, and as it was not outside County Hall, no one
bothered. A couple of days later it was done :-))

Newsgroups. Magic :-))

Mike

H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery