Old 14-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Martin Sykes

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1110206748.7f963abf9dbd5325dcb96918c3768d2f@t eranews...
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:14:20 +0000 (UTC), jane wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:01:18 GMT, "McCready"
wrote:

~What happened to Chris Beardshaw?
~
~Monty hasn't mentioned why he's disappeared.
~
Poached by the opposition I think, which is fairy snuff since the Beeb
poached Monty off C4... Fair swap to me - now all they have to do is
get rid of all the other pretties and leave just the plantspeople and
stop doing the garden tours in favour of practical stuff and I'll be
happy.

Talking of practical, anyone want to chat about the new-style BBC GW
Magazine? I opened my April one yesterday and was extremely pleasantly
surprised - hugely revamped/expanded 'what to do now' sections, a new
series on allotments covering both traditional style and raised bed
(yippee) and more of it (not visibly all adverts).

I resubbed last summer using the Tesco clubcard cheapie offer (a year
for 8 quid of tokens, so free) and so it's even better value!

I haven't got mine yet - looking forward to it if it is as you say. But I
agree about the old one. It's really "bitty", and the adverts were all
over
the place and very intrusive. I can leave out the garden tours totally.

--
Tim C.

It's definitely better but I still have one complaint - the extra 'little'
bits they insert into the main articles. One article this month almost had
each paragraph on a different page because of all the other stuff squashed
in. You shouldn't have to keep flicking the pages back and forth trying to
find where the end of the sentence has been hidden.

Also a two page picture of Monty digging in the garden with a few words on
one page didn't tell me much beyond the fact that he likes April. I may find
it hard to make use of that little bit of information in future...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )