Old 14-03-2005, 07:07 PM
ned

mike wrote:
I've been given a 'ladybird house' for the garden (basically a 1/4
log end with a lot of holes in it)

What is the best sort of location for it - exposed/sheltered,
high/low ?

It came with some 'ladybird food'! - I presume it would be a waste
putting this out until later in the year ?

and if you know any more appropriate places for asking these
questions, I'd be interested to see them !

Think like a ladybird. ;-)
It's cold and miserable. Where can I shelter?
Not in an exposed place.
Out of the wind. Out of the rain.
And preferably with a southern aspect.

And don't be surprised when you take it down to see if they like it
and find the inside empty and all the bugs hiding round the back
between their 'house' and the nice warm brick wall.
:-))

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk