Old 14-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Katra

In article .com,
" wrote:

I'm trying to overwhelm the grass in a certain part of my yard. To that
end, I've planted some portulaca. But this area would also be perfect
for bluebonnets. Can I plant some bluebonnets in there, too, or will
the portulaca overwhelm the bluebonnets, too?

Karen

You could try it and see. :-)
The bluebonnets are only going to last thru the first part of spring,
then die back. The moss roses will last all year, and bloom all year
once they get going!

Good choice. Beautiful little plants!

I've never tried using annuals to choke out grass. does this really
work??? If so, I might plant a border of those in the bulb garden
instead of my usual caladiums...

The penneyroyal I put into the greens garden DOES seem to be preventing
weeds without hurting the swiss chard tho'.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada