Old 15-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Katra

In article . com,
wrote:

I know that the bluebonnets won't last very long--I'm concerned about
them being able to come back next year.

If they throw seeds, I don't see why not.
You can always re-seed annually. Bluebonnet seeds are not expensive, but
most annual "stands" of bluebonnet I see around here seem to seed
themselves and come back every year.

The moss roses will freeze back also. I almost never have them come back
unless they seeded themselves.

I thought that portulaca was a perennial. In any case, I don't know
about annuals choking out grass, but there are some ground covers that
will--veronica is one. That was my other choice. But I thought that
would be even more difficult for bluebonnets to make their way through
next year. (What will choke one thing will probably choke another...)

There is always native clover. ;-)

I was hoping someone else had some Actual Experience with these two
plants.

Karen

I grow moss roses in pots because I like them, and they remind me of my
late mom. She grew them every year, but we just put them in containers.
Never used them as a ground cover.

Sorry!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada