Old 15-03-2005, 01:01 AM

I've tried to grow bluebonnets from seeds, but didn't have too much
luck. My neighbor, the manic mower, mows where I planted them. I bought
some and planted some around a tree on that part of my property, and
she mowed those last year. That was annoying, but mostly I am grateful
that she mows that middle stretch between our houses; I hate mowing.

Which is why I want to kill the grass.

My expectation is that when I plant these bluebonnets, that they will
reseed themselves. I'll see what happens with the portulaca. I bought
them in the section of the nursery that said "perennials", but I just
looked at the label, and they don't say.

I generally don't have a lot of respect for annuals, but even if the
portulaca were annuals, if they grow as I expect them to, I think I'd
plant them again; they are very pretty, and I love the colors. I also
planted some primula, which were labeled annuals.

And now I have to go plant broccoli with my last 15 minutes of
sunlight.

Karen