Old 14-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Katra

In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:32:23 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

Katra wrote:

Mexican Oregano

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslin...canOregano.jpg

I think this is the same variety the nursery I bought it from had
growing at their old location before they moved. They grew into large
beautiful and fragrant flowering bushes a good 3 to 4 ft. tall.

I bought this one last summer as a teensy thing in a 4" pot, maybe 8"
tall at most. The fence behind it has a mesh of 4" x 2" so it looks to
be a good 22" tall already and it's not even a year old yet!

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/moregano.html

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/lipgraveolens.htm

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/2587/

The first 2 have pictures. I want some that is edible. I have some
dried I bought a couple of years ago and I imagine that it is about
dead.

Richters has Lippia graveolens plants for sale. I think I'm going to
get a couple and give it a try.

http://www.richters.com/Web_store/we...art_id=2562287.
18252

Penelope

That one must be the one. ;-)
It says it grows into a miniature tree!
I've seen this one get pretty big and once it starts blooming,
it blooms for a good couple of months. It's very pretty!

It's size is why I planted it on one end of the row. I need to prune the
base so it won't over-shade the poor little curry too much. This is THAT
plants second year and the longest I've ever kept one alive!

I love the cuury plant on poultry and in stir fry, but I've harvested
carefully so it can be healthy and grow. I might have to see if I can
find another one. Not too many nurseries carry it.

I want to look for a "real" curry leaf as they are supposed to be larger
and more hardy.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada