Old 15-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Watercress

$2? Where do you shop? I can't get those prices at Home Depot. The
normal tube are about $6 a piece I think. As for normal light, my
understanding is that it contains spectrum between red and blue. It
makes the light look brighter but encourages algae growth. Well, at
least that was what I read. The chart of that Zoo-med Flora Sun tube
showed two humps one at red and one at blue. To my eyes, the light
looked dim and unappealing, but my plants seem to like it.

Well, if you keep hardy fish in a fish only tank, you only need to do
weekly water changes and filter cleaning. To control algae, you only
need to keep the lights off when you are not viewing the fish. I don't
have to list what we need to do to keep our planted tanks thriving and
beautiful.