Old 15-03-2005, 03:39 AM
fotografer

Default Bulb -> shoots -> plants -> bulbs

My guess is that the bulbs will have shoots and then dry up; the shoots,
if properly maintained, will have roots; the shoots, if properly
maintained, will have flowers; the shoots will eventually turned into
bulbs; and the cycle repeats itself. My guess is the roots will die when
the bulb dries up.

I have my fair share of killing the orchids by drowning them. Now I am
worrying that I may kill them by dehydration.

I have a bunch of oncidiums and zygos that are now just bulbs. I took
them out of the pots since they were just rotting. My understanding of
orchids is very limited. Q1: If I just leave them out of the pots and
water them daily, will they survive? They won’t drown for sure out of
the pots.

Q2: I notice most bulbs have shoots coming out. I suppose they don’t
need water at this stage? Q3: Once the shoots grow bigger, the roots
will start to come out. Do I start to water them then? Q4: Is it fair to
say that roots won’t die unless something is wrong or until the bulbs
are drying up from old age? Q5: If I just leave the plants without pots,
will it be too much if I water them every day? I have a fan running all
day and a cool mister running during the day keeping the humidity above 50%.

I don’t have a green house. All I have is a southwest-facing window.