Old 15-03-2005, 12:38 PM
undergroundbob undergroundbob is offline
Registered User

Sadly I haven't seen a ladybird up here (glasgow) for yonks. When I was a nipper my dad used to pay me to collect them by the jarful from waste ground and put them on his roses. I have seen one gigantic bumble bee struggling about in the garden though, out a bit early I think.

I've been tempted to buy some ladybirds, but I have a vision of me standing in the garden shaking my fist as they blithely fly straight off the roses and head south where it's warmer!