Old 15-03-2005, 04:45 PM
paghat

In article , "rosie read n'
post" wrote:

do you think that the sunroses would work on a VERY steep hill?
like the cliff i have in my front yard facing the lake?

I've never personally seen sunroses growing on a sheer cliff, but in their
native range wild ones are known to establish themselves even on limestone
cliffs which are pretty harsh places to grow, so I would assume if there's
any soil at all to get started on, the fancier cultivars would do fine.
And if it's not quite a cliff but really only a steep-steep slope, that's
the sort spot they particular like, full sun with sharply draining soil.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html