Old 15-03-2005, 05:46 PM
David Ross

Jim wrote:

I have recently cleared a hill in my yard. It's too steep for a lawn mower
so I want to plant a ground cover. Does anyone have any suggesstions for a
nice ground cover? I live in the mid-atlantic and the hill is fairly sunny.
The hill is about 20' down and 60' across. Maybe more than one ground
cover?

Two low-growing ground covers are pink clover (knotweed, Persicaria
capitata, hardy to about 18F) and cinquefoil (Potentilla
neumanniana, hardy to 0F). They spread in solid mats of foliage
1-3 inches thick and have nice small flowers. You can then plant
shrubs, bulbs, or tall perennials through them.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean